The OAE e-Book contains the same information available in the printed manual, formatted for reading on electronic devices.
The popular anesthesia reference has been completely updated to reflect revisions made to the AAOMS Office Anesthesia Evaluation (OAE) requirements. The 9th Edition features:
- Increased focus on managing the pediatric patient.
- Expanded emergency protocols with added mock drills.
- Newly added OMS-specific flowcharts for perioperative and intra-operative airway problems.
- Patient selection tools to identify patients with increased risk.
- Standards for evaluator preparation to ensure consistent evaluations nationwide.
To address the growing aging population in the United States, the Office Anesthesia Evaluation (OAE) Manual includes a chapter focused on the geriatric patient. The comprehensive guide offers select algorithms from the Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS), the American Heart Association’s Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) and AAOMS Parameters of Care.
Anesthesia assistants studying for the Dental Anesthesia Assistant National Certification Examination (DAANCE) also will benefit from this manual. While not required for certification, the OAE is intended to supplement exam preparation. ©2018