The federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) regulations require each practice location to have a written plan detailing:
- Job titles and duties that may expose employees to infection.
- Work routines to minimize exposure.
- How the Hepatitis B vaccination may be obtained from the employer.
- Required follow-ups to incidents and exposure.
- Steps to alert employees of biohazards.
- Recordkeeping requirements.
- Bloodborne pathogen exposure control.
- Respirator fit-testing guidance (added June 2020).
This publication – which includes a print manual and a USB drive containing a narrated PowerPoint presentation training module for staff – provides a comprehensive guide to meeting annual OSHA requirements in the OMS practice. It is a must-have resource for training staff and meeting annual and new employee education requirements. ©2020